About Me

My photo
I always used to be the skinny guy at school. Ate bucket loads of junk but never put on a pound. I stand 5 foot 8 inches tall and back then used to weigh around 10 and a half stone. Nearly 10 years and 2 stone later with a lifestyle as a classic couch potato I feel that it is time to do something. I have no fitness or nutritional qualification but with a little research and some help from my friends I hope to achieve some real results. This blog will track my results. I hope you find this informative and useful.

Thursday 12 January 2012

Too much too soon?

So today I did another upper body work out. After my last workout which was an intense 3 sets of 5 reps using a larger than normal weight, it gave me the belief that I could push myself harder and lift more. But then as I was doing a chest exercise I felt an ache in my shoulder (to add to the pain in my foot and the bruises from dropping the fire place on my leg!!). I wonder if this is a case of trying to do much too soon.
I want to push myself as my desire is to get bigger and stronger. I do need to allow my body time to recover from the workouts as there has to be an ounce of common sense to be used here. I will not gain in size and strength by blasting through injury.

On the flip side I found a webiste that might be of interest. If you search for Christian Finn on Google he will come as one of the top hits. It seems to be an honest look at all aspects of fitness and a good dource of information.

Away from exercise my diet seems to be going well. The only down side is that the Whey Protien shake from Holland and Barratt. The choccolate flavour is awesome. Tastes great and has great texture. However the vanilla flavour does not seem to blend as well which results in it being a bit lumpy! Nice!!! In the past I have tried the Maximuscle Cyclone shake but I was not keen on the taste of them either. If anyone knows a tasty as well as a beneficial prtien shake please let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment