About Me

My photo
I always used to be the skinny guy at school. Ate bucket loads of junk but never put on a pound. I stand 5 foot 8 inches tall and back then used to weigh around 10 and a half stone. Nearly 10 years and 2 stone later with a lifestyle as a classic couch potato I feel that it is time to do something. I have no fitness or nutritional qualification but with a little research and some help from my friends I hope to achieve some real results. This blog will track my results. I hope you find this informative and useful.

Friday 6 January 2012

1st real blast with my upper body

So I went for it as best as I could. Various exercises which all put together make me feel virtually crippled. Hopefully all this effort will all pay off in a few months time!

I tried to be methodical starting with chest exercises then shoulders, biceps, triceps and finishing with a forearm exercise. After researching a website filled with dumbell and bar exercises (as these are the only two types of weights I have!) I formed a plan which consisted of 3 exercises for each muscle group. On this occassion I completed 3 set of 10 reps or until failure! I say on this occasion as again in my research I read that by keeping exercise routines varied in terms of exercises, sets, reps and weights it will stop the body from getting used to routine and therefore prevents it reaching a plateau in growth. My next upper body routine will be with a heavier weight and compiled of 3 sets of 5 reps. If you don't think big you won't get big!!

As for the diet, it is harder than I thought to consume as much as I need. Especially to eat the healthy sort of things that will aid the body's recovery. Right now I want to stuff my face with chocolate but I know that it will not help me achieve my goal. Guess I'll tuck into a bowl of mixed nuts. Pumpkin seeds and cashew nuts which are hig in protien. Not as nice as chocolate and immensely more expensive but so much better for me. Oh well, the price of a healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment