About Me

My photo
I always used to be the skinny guy at school. Ate bucket loads of junk but never put on a pound. I stand 5 foot 8 inches tall and back then used to weigh around 10 and a half stone. Nearly 10 years and 2 stone later with a lifestyle as a classic couch potato I feel that it is time to do something. I have no fitness or nutritional qualification but with a little research and some help from my friends I hope to achieve some real results. This blog will track my results. I hope you find this informative and useful.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Beginning

Technically this is day 2 of my new regieme but like a person in a dark room with no light it is not easy to find my way. Therefore I am using these first few days / weeks to get the building blocks in place so that I have solid foundations to achieve my goal.

My first aim to to start eating the right things. I believe that before the body can start to see the benefits of exercise, it needs the fuel to begin its journey. I have tried to cut out all processed food as much as possible and tried to keep it simple but tasty. This is where having an amazing wife who is creative in the kitchen and supportive of my aims comes in real handy!!!

The kind of things that I am starting to have include fish, quorn, brown rice, plenty of veg and salad. In addition to this I am eating nuts, yoghurt and supplementing it with a protien shake from Holland and Barrett.

I am constantly researching for new ideas all the time and decided to visit the Maximuscle website which I found useful. The first thing I realised was that to build the muscle that I wanted, I would have to eat a lot more than I thought!!

So after 2 days I have already changed my diet plan!!! But like I said earlier I would rather tinker now and get it right rather than just go headfirst into this and 2 months down the line see no change.

As for the exercise ....

I have got out the Wii and tried out Wii Fit for a bit of fun. It is not something I take too seriously but it has got me off the sofa. I have also tried out a fitness dvd - Billy Blanks Tae Bo for some cardio and also experimented with my dumbbells which have collected copious amounts of dust overthe last few years. As yet my exercise program is a work in progress. Again looking to get a routine that is managable and what I believe can also be effective. I will keep you posted as to how I get on.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment