About Me

My photo
I always used to be the skinny guy at school. Ate bucket loads of junk but never put on a pound. I stand 5 foot 8 inches tall and back then used to weigh around 10 and a half stone. Nearly 10 years and 2 stone later with a lifestyle as a classic couch potato I feel that it is time to do something. I have no fitness or nutritional qualification but with a little research and some help from my friends I hope to achieve some real results. This blog will track my results. I hope you find this informative and useful.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

1st week over

So I have come to the end of my first week and on reflection there have been some good points, some developmental points and some unexpected things also!

On a plus side my diet seems to be going well. At present for breakfast I have 2 eggs, 2 slices of brown bread and either a protien shake or yoghurt and granola. I have a mid morning snack consisting of either fruit or nuts. Lunch then which is usually rice based with tuna or quorn pieces. Again a mid afternoon snack of yoghurt with granola. I then tensd to do my exercise followed by a protien shake. Dinner follows. Again it is rice based with plenty of vegtables and meat such as quorn or steak. Lastly I have a break before a dessert which is usually fruit salad and a protien shake. WOW, now I have written it all down it sounds like a lot but from what I understand the body needs fuel to recover. This consists of calories and protien as the main two components. My calorie aim is to hit between 3000 to 3500 and protien in the region of 150 to 170g. This should give me the fuel to build the muscle I want. Over the next week I will do a count on calories and protien to see how close I am getting to my target.

As for the exercise. I have had a good week on my torso and upper body. My wife said she can see a difference already! I have managed two upper body days and two abs days which is what I wanted to achieve so on track there. However my legs have suffered. On my first scheduled legs day I dropped a fireplace on my foot .. agony! I was limping around and common sense prevailed to say rest! Unfortunatly you can not predict when you are going to get hurt. The best thing to do is to recover before continuing otherwise it will result in poor technique which in turn is a waste of time! THe second legs day started ok with some squats and I started static lunges on my left leg. However when I went ot lunge with my right leg my left ankle started to trouble me. Again I had to stop which was a shame.

All in all I am encourage by the start I have made. My upper body feels fantastic with the exercise it has recieved. My legs feel battered by injury but their time will come. I feel that I have a good basis for my diet so that I can tweek it appropriatly. Please if anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know. Any encouragement or advice would be welcomed.

Cheers

James

No comments:

Post a Comment